Regional & City Airports, of which Exeter is one, require an Air Traffic Engineer to provide support to a number of owned and managed airports for routine maintenance and ad hoc onsite support as well as assisting with project coordination and delivery.
The role responsibilities include:
- To maintain, as requested, ATC/AFIS/AGCS CNS Equipment ensuring it meets all statutory and regulatory requirements (CAP 670)
- Carry out preventative and corrective maintenance on a variety of CNS systems over a number of sites including maintenance of AGL control and monitoring systems.
- To maintain high standards of aviation safety, quality and abide by all safe systems of work as per the relevant Company Safety Management System.
- Maintain accurate records of daily tasks which have either been completed or are outstanding, in line with the relevant company integrated management system, to ensure communication is clear and continued support to all customer (ATC/AGCS/FISO) requirements is provided.
- Observe, maintain and promote good working relationships and communications with ATC/AFIS/AGCS units and third party support providers observing and maintaining the service level agreements.
- To maintain competency and recency in all areas of the role and complete training as required.
- To support the ATEM in the delivery of various ATE/AGL projects across the group both centrally and onsite.
- Provide on call support to a unit when required.
This is a multiple site support role (Currently UK Wide) often with short notice requests. Personnel must be prepared to respond quickly and work extended hours if the situation demands.
If you are interested in applying for the post please read the Job Description and Person Specificationthen complete the RCA Application Form and return via email or by post by the closing date. We regret that CVs alone will not be considered.
Natalie Fraser (email)
Human Resources Assistant
Tel: 01392 354 902
Passionate about customer service? Looking for a role where no two days are the same? Want to work for a friendly, sociable company with competitive benefits? At XLR we’re dedicated to delivering our promise of ‘Travel Like No Other’ and we’re on the lookout for motivated individuals to join our new team at Liverpool airport.
Executive Coordinators are our passengers’ first point of contact – you’ll often be the only face of the company our passengers see. Whether on business or pleasure our exclusive jet centres with our ‘breeze through’ efficiency ensures our passengers a seamless journey. You will need to ensure that this high standard is met on a daily basis, whilst thinking on your feet and utilizing your excellent customer service experience.
You will be working within a small team of coordinators and in readiness for the passenger you will have been dealing with aircraft movements, regulatory bodies and preparing the executive lounge for their arrival. As a team you will provide a seamless priority car-to-plane transit experience for our passengers. Utilising your organisational skills, whilst keeping an eye on the detail under pressure.
- Assist the XLR Corporate Aviation Manager in providing handling assistance to corporate customers and delivering excellent customer service levels as expected;
- Deliver a first-class service to our clients, operators and crew and offer a concierge style service to assist customer travel / onward travel;
- Maintain and promote lounge facility to all operators performing tasks to ensure that the Terminal is presented in an excellent condition with suppliers stocked and refreshments provided to customers;
- Coordinate with Slot coordination, notifying such departments of aircraft movements ahead of flight arrival/departure;
- Assist Corporate Aviation Manager in ensuring that all aircraft movements are logged correctly and invoiced accordingly in a timely manner. Working with a set schedule of fees and charges and learning how to charge operators correctly;
- Work with the UK Border Agency and Special Branch as well as other such bodies in informing relevant parties of aircraft arrivals and departures;
- Coordinate additional services as required by corporate customers and assist in invoicing accordingly;
- Provide aircraft marshalling, load bags, chock aircraft, tow aircraft and provide other ground support functions appropriate with an aircraft turnaround;
- Load bags, apply GPU (Ground Power Unit) and arrange for services to aircraft by third party suppliers;
- Meet and Greet customers and drive using the XLR vehicles to safely transport passengers and crew to and from the FBO and their aircraft abiding by Airport safety rules and procedures as well as to off airport sites;
- Continually research and monitor other UK FBO’s (Fixed Based Operators) with the objective of ensuring XLR remains ahead of the competition. Occasional report writing may be required;
- Assist with other staff and the development of the XLR Liverpool Jet Centre;
- Continually keep the XLR Jet Centre clean and tidy, hazard and waste free. Reporting any defects to the Corporate Aviation Manager in a timely manner.
The post holder will work 40 conditioned hours per week and will regularly be required to attend the airport outside normal office hours and at weekends in line with a roster and outside of this due to emergency situations or last-minute flights.
The post will be based at Liverpool John Lennon Airport and on occasions the post-holder may be required with notice to work for short durations at other XLR operations.
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Excellent customer service skills developed from either the aviation or hospitality industries, IT literate, ability to work as part of a small integrated team as well as occasional lone working and holding a full and clean driving license.
If you are ready to be part of our business and think you’d be an excellent addition to our passionate team, then apply now by sending a covering letter and CV to Natalie Fraser firstname.lastname@example.org